Home Galleries About Me Covid-19 Alert Info Resources Fees FAQ Videos


All fees are payable to Patrick Smiley by e-transfer. 

A $150 deposit is required to confirm your booking.

The final payment is due two days before the ceremony.

GST is added to all fees.

My fee for personalized ceremonies is $420 plus GST.​ Additional travel charges may apply for locations more than 45 minutes from my home in Cochrane.

What is included in the fees?

  • A free pre-booking consultation by phone, Skype or FaceTime.
  • Unlimited planning and support consultations by email, phone and FaceTime. Skype is not currently available.
  • Face to Face in person meeting to finalize details within one month of the wedding subject to availability.
  • Personalizing the ceremony with an introduction about how you met, fell in Love and got engaged.
  • Officiating the ceremony, providing a Civil Marriage Statement and submitting the completed registration of marriage to Alberta Vital Statistics to be registered.

What is not included?

  • GST - 5% GST is added to all fees.

  • Marriage Licence - You are required to obtain a marriage licence from any Alberta registry up to three months before the ceremony date and right up to the day of the ceremony if need be.

  • Official government issued Marriage Certificate - If you need this document, it can be ordered from any Alberta registry or online if you live outside of Alberta. You should allow a few weeks for the marriage to be registered before the certificate can be ordered.
  • Two witnesses are required and they can be friends, family or your photographer and videographer. I have even had a makeup artist stay as a witness.
  • Travel fees and premiums may apply depending on the location and time needed to get to the ceremony site if it is a hike in location or other special circumstances. 
  • Rehearsals may be available and will be confirmed about 30 days before the ceremony.
  • Rush registrations - If it is imperative that the marriage be registered immediately, check with me before you get you get the marriage licence for the best available options.